This process involves the following steps:
- Download your existing constants file
- Copying the change from the new update file
- Saving and uploading the constants file back to the server.
VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to make a backup copy of your constant.php file BEFORE you perform the steps below to have a fail safe copy to use in case something goes wrong.
- Download and extract the second patch to your local hard drive.
- Open the local directory containing the files and locate the folder in the path ootp_fantasy -> install and open constants_upgrade.php in a text or HTML editor (but not an application like Word)
- FTP to your web server and open the path [SERVER_ROOT} -> ootp_fantasy -> application -> config
NOTE: Based on the setup of your server, [SERVER_ROOT} may be a path like "/var/www/html" or something else, but should be the folder path leading up to the "ootp_fantasy" folder.
- Download the file constants.php to your local hard drive and open it in a text or HTML editor as well
- In constants_upgrade.php, highlight and copy and paste the second line, and paste it into the second line of your constants.php file.
Code: Select all
- In constants_upgrade.php,
- Save constants.php and upload it back to your web server.
- Delete constants_upgrade.php from your local hard drive then upload the patch files to your web server, overwriting and existing files when prompted.
- Browse to your fantasy site to confirm the changes. When logged itno the admin dashboard you should see a warning now that the install directory exists and a prompt to run a database update as well.
If you have any problems installing this patch using the above instructions, please post your issues in this thread.