The Road to 1.0 is a series of articles chronicling the journey of this mod from conception to full 1.0 release.
Tomorrow is the big day—the public release of the 0.1 beta of the OOTP Fantasy Leagues. The last post was a review of what’s included in the first release and screengrabs of many of the tools. Today, we’re going to talk about another significant facet, the road still ahead.
While the 0.1 beta release is feature complete for what I wanted to accomplish, there is still a lot that is on the list of what I’d like to fold into the mod eventually. As anyone can attest to, it’s just a matter of time and energy.
I plan to release the mod source code to Google Code to help open it up to collaborative efforts from other coders out there. Since the mod is based on both MVC and the open-source CodeIgniter platform, I hope people find it easy to learn the code and find ways to customize it to their liking. All I ask is that if you add something cool or useful, please post it back to the Contributions forum on our board.
Here is a rough list of what is to come and an approximate release list:
- Trades – It seems like it should be a no-brainer for 0.1, but the level of effort would have pushed the beta dates back a while. I am working on a plan to making coding this an easy addition for a quick 0.2
- Social Media Options – Buttons to post news to Twitter and Facebook as well as to share on numerous other social sites.
- League Schedule Editor – A tool for commissioners to edit the league schedule (for example to add playoff games)
- User Messaging System – A system to support personal messaging for users.
- Service Time – A summary of players service time per sim
- Roster Grid – Roster Breakdown by team
- Admin Dashboard Enhancements
- Draft Enhancements
- Stats Display Enhancements
- Additional Scoring Modes – Rotisseries, 5×5 Roto, Roto Plus and Head-to-Head categories
I’m open to suggestions for new features as well. Thanks to the members of the PEBA for all their guidance and contributions to this list thus far.